Midland Humane Coalition believes that education is a key component to increasing the health and wellness of Midland's pet population. Educating the public on pet health, wellness, and training helps owners make good choices about caring for their pets and how to handle behavioral issues when they arrive. Well informed pet owners equipped with the right knowledge to care for their pets enable our community to have better pet owner relationships and less owner surrenders to animal services.
At the Midland Humane Coalition we connect owners to the resources they need to raise healthy happy pets. We understand that pet ownership, like parenthood can be tough, but unlike parenthood, resources aren't always available to well meaning pet owners. We are here for you. We strive first of all to keep pets in their homes through promoting pet health, spay/neuter, and proper training. We have links to resources concerning several common pet issues on our website. If you need help with your pet, feel free to visit with our staff at our Enhanced Adoption Center or give us a call at 432.520.3134 ext. 7.
At MHC there are many topics of concern that we are passionate about when trying to inform the public how to best care for their pets and how to respond to other pets in public. Here are a few links to help get you started:
- Spaying & Neutering
- Responsible Pet Adoption/Buying
- "That Dog Guy" Ricky Bedient - 432.381.4436 - Ricky Bedient is one of the few trainers in our area who does not use painful training methods such as shock or pinch collars. These methods can not only be painful to your animal, but can also be physically harmful and cause further anxiety and stress in your pet. In addition to working with household pets, Ricky has extensive experience training service dogs for veterans and people with disabilities.
- Service Animals
- P-etiquette - tips for taking your dog in public
- Do Not Eat - foods to never feed your dog or cat
- Pet Emergency Planning
- Shopping Green for Your Pet
- Pet Safety in the Home