Adoption Center Volunteer
So many pets come and go at our Enhanced Adoption Center. We do our best to keep them safe, healthy and happy during their brief stay with us. Volunteers help us give all our rescued pets the time and attention that they need in their new surroundings.
Here are some ways you can volunteer at the Adoption Center:
- Pet Playdate. Spend some time hanging out with some furry friends. You can make them feel extra-special during your visit by: feeding them, walking them, socializing them, and grooming them.
- Walking Buddy. Give dogs much-needed exercise and a breath of fresh air. Take dogs on walks in the store or out in the surrounding neighborhood. You'll help them get rid of pent up energy so they can sleep better. BONUS: You’ll get some exercise, too!
- Cat Cuddler. Cats love to play and they can get pretty bored cooped up in their kennels. Grab some toys, take them out and give (and get) tons of cuddles.
- Pet Matchmaker. Help get pets matched with the right family. Get to know our adoptable pets so you can help potential adopters with questions about them. You will be working closely with our Adoption Counselors.
- PetParazzi. Put your amazing photography talents to use. Take pictures of pets at the Adoption Center and help them get adopted. Or join us at one of our events and help us tell our story through your pictures.
- Kennel Concierge. Love being around animals and want to be of service? Assist our kennel techs in keeping the Adoption Center comfortable for our guests - clean the pets’ cages, organize food storage area, etc. The pets will be extremely grateful!
- Adoption Blanketeer. If you love working with fabric or yarn, why not use your talents for a good cause? We send every pet home with a comfortable blanket and we need volunteers to make them. Find out more about the Adoption Blanket Project.
We hold Volunteer Orientations on the second Monday every month at 6:00 pm. Adoption Center within Midland's PetSmart.
To volunteer at the Adoption Center:
• Volunteers must be 18 years of age, or older
• You must take part in an orientation and volunteer training session
Any Questions about Volunteering?
If you want to inquire about volunteer opportunities, send an email to our Volunteer Coordinator at Volunteer@midlandhumane.org